‘Tiger 3’ is an action-packed success on Diwali

Newest Bollywood movie is an exciting addition to the franchise
Tiger, portrayed by Salman Khan, and Zoya, portrayed by Katrina Kaif, planning out a dangerous heist.

A new action and mystery Bollywood movie was released Nov. 12 titled “Tiger 3” which had the Indian megastar Salman Khan return as the Research and Analysis Wing, or RAW for short, agent named Tiger. It was an action-packed movie that had you enthralled by each scene that was displayed on the silver screen.

The movie is the third installment in the Tiger franchise and the fifth movie within the Yash Raj Films spy universe. The other four movies within the universe are titled “Ek Tha Tiger,” “Tiger Zinda Hai,” “War,” and “Pathaan.” 

The movie follows Tiger, a RAW agent, and Zoya, an Inter-Services Intelligence agent, as they are framed as traitors by a revenge-seeking terrorist named Aatish Rehman, and they go on a life-threatening crusade to clear their names.

It was an incredible movie with a lot of action scenes that contained some well-made cinematography. The fight scenes were great as they followed the story perfectly and complemented each actor well.

The acting within this movie was incredible as it seemed as though the villain, Aatish Rehman, was going to defeat the protagonists. Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif’s portrayal of their characters was amazing, and their chemistry on-screen continues to shine. Emraan Hashmi portraying Rehman also had me enjoying the movie. He played the villains how they were supposed to: evil, condescending and doing anything to get what he wanted.

This movie had a few comedic moments, but it never got in the way of the plot to make the movie bad. They were funny, and light-hearted and continued the story within the film which was great to watch.

The movie has also made its opening day history as it gathered 94 crores, or $11.35 million, on the first day, which is a Diwali Day record. It’s also the biggest opening day for the entire Tiger franchise. It’s also the third-best start of the year in the market for a Hindi movie, coming behind only Shah Rukh Khan’s “Jawan” and “Pathaan.”

As mentioned, “Tiger 3” came out on Diwali, which is an Indian holiday that spans five days, usually falling between Oct. and Nov. It’s a holiday that celebrates the victory of Lord Krishna’s destruction of the demon Naraka, who is said to have imprisoned women and tormented his subjects, and it also honors the triumphant return of Lord Rama, his wife Sita and Brother Lakshmana from a 14-year exile in the forest.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed watching the film and I would give the movie an eight out of 10-star review. I would recommend this movie to anyone, but especially to those who are fans of Bollywood movies. The movie lasts two hours and 33 minutes with a 10-minute intermission in the middle of the movie.

You can watch this movie in specific theaters that are available in three languages: Hindi, Tamil and Telugu, all with English subtitles.