Alleged attack occurred on Los Medanos College campus

Los Medanos College Campus police say a female student was assaulted Tuesday night on the third floor of the college complex building. 

The alleged attack took place near the Fire, Nursing and Emergency Medical Services area at around 8 p.m.

“The suspect is described as a black male adult, approximately 18-20 years of age, skinny build. He wore a white tee shirt and jeans,” police said in a campus-wide email Thursday morning.

Police at this time have provided no further information on how the attack occurred. 

It is also unclear if the victim was injured or whether the alleged attacker had any connection to the college.

The investigation is still ongoing, police say. 

“We have no comment at this time as we continue to work through this investigation,” Lieutenant Ryan Huddleston said in an email to the LMC Experience. 

College spokesperson Juliet Casey said officials are unable to provide any further information at the time of print. 

“What’s in the press release is the latest information,” Casey said. 

Campus police are reminding students how they can increase their safety on and off the campus by walking with others at night, keeping their keys in their hands when walking, avoid use of cell phones and being alert to surroundings. 

“While this incident happened on campus, it is important that we take steps to increase our safety,” campus police said.

Authorities are encouraging anyone who may have information regarding the alleged assault to report it to college police.

Personal escort requests along with any information relevant to the case can be provided to college police by calling (925) 439-1505.

This is a developing story, for the most up to date information on this story go to lmcexperience.com.