Applications open to serve on Contra Costa Community College board

The 2024-2025 District Student Trustee election is coming up for the Contra Costa Community College District. One student from LMC will be chosen to represent each college’s student body in the upcoming election.

Every year, the position rotates between the three colleges in the district. The current trustee was chosen from DVC. Trustees sit on the 4CD District Governing Board at the district meetings representing the student voice of all three colleges.

Director of Student Life Teresea Archaga said they chair the Student Trustee Advisory Council meetings where the presidents of each associated student government come together to discuss issues within the college and decide on solutions.

Archaga explained that the position benefits students’ professional development and looks great on scholarship and transfer applications and resumes. 

“You can apply those transferable skills to any industry you go to,” Archaga said. “We all use communication in some way shape or form to connect with people at work.”

LMCAS Commissioner of Campus Events Armon Gonzalez is one of the students interested in running for the position.

“I like doing what I can to help others,” Gonzalez said. “If that means I can get a higher position to have a louder voice for those around me then I’ll do that.”

He added that he would enjoy the opportunity to get to work with the other colleges’ student governments.

Similarly, Commissioner of Publicity and Outreach Abigail Thinn said working with all three schools is what interests her in running for the trustee position as she wants to represent a wider range of students.

“I hope I can bring a voice and make a change that students want,” Thinn said.

To learn more about the 2024-2025 District Student Trustee election, information sessions will be held Tuesday, March 26 at 11 a.m. and Wednesday, March 27 at 3:30 p.m. on the second floor of the Student Union.

All students are welcome to run for Student Trustee. The deadline to apply is March 29 at 1 p.m. If interested in running, pick up an application on the second floor of the Student Union or visit https://www.losmedanos.edu/Groups/lmcas/index.aspx