The new normal – Day 51

May 6, 2020

Jordyn Toscano, News Editor

Editor’s note: “The new normal” is a continuing series that looks into how members of the Los Medanos College community are coping with a shelter-in-place order amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

As citizens of Contra Costa County continue to adjust to the shelter-in-place and county-wide face mask orders, students at Los Medanos College continue to study from home. 

Student Seth Rosenberg has found it challenging to adjust to online classes in the middle of a semester, particularly because of his involvement in theater. 

Although he is no longer able to participate in any in-person classes or theater productions this semester, Rosenberg doesn’t intend on giving up his passion for drama and has plans to take an online directing class over the summer.

Despite the challenges of being sheltered at home, Rosenberg has been staying as busy and productive as possible from home throughout these past 51 days. 

“I’ve been playing video games, talking to my friends on Zoom or watching shows and YouTube videos,” said Rosenberg. 

In addition to his previous involvement in theater, Rosenberg has his own band and has been writing lyrics for songs from home.

“My band is metal, but what we want to sound like is a mix of Slipknot, Motionless in White and the heavy side of Black Veil Brides,” said Rosenberg. “But the subgenre I am going for is metalcore.”

While he has been focusing on his music as much as possible these past few weeks, he has also made sure to find some time to get outside when he can.

“Sometimes I go out on walks because I don’t really want to be super unhealthy,” said Rosenberg.