LMC Food Pantry still offers supplies

Krys Shahin

The Food Pantry has new hours to continue serving LMC students.

Charles Reed, Staff Writer

The Los Medanos College Food Pantry is still able to offer services through this shelter-in-place order given by the state. While the campus is still closed there will be some opportunities to stop by and receive assistance for a limited time.  

There are going to be four events in the next few weeks, the first is to be held Thursday, March 26 from 2 to 4 p.m. and the LMC Food Pantry is offering fresh produce located at the front Library entrance. 

Representatives from the Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano County are also holding a special event partnered with the LMC Food Pantry Monday, March 30 from 12 to 2 p.m. located in parking Lot A by the Library at the LMC Pittsburg campus.

Another chance to pick up fresh produce will be Thursday, April 2 from 2 to 4 p.m. and Monday April 6 from 3 to 5 p.m. at the Library entrance. 

Students should be aware that they must provide a student ID card or ID number upon pick up of items. The food pantry also requests that students leave school grounds immediately after receiving their items. 

Offering at this time one bag to each student as supplies last. At this present time the food pantry is not able to accept physical donations however, if you would like to donate monitaily you can go to www.losmedanos.edu/foundation/donate.aspx. For future events and other comments or questions please contact the LMC Food Pantry at [email protected].