Laptops stolen from office

Adria Watson, awatson@lmcexperience.com

Campus police are actively investigating a theft that occurred in Math instructor Michael Norris’ office Wednesday — the door window was shattered and the suspect took two laptops.

According to Lt. Chad Wehrmeister, police received a phone call at 11:05 a.m. in regards to the broken glass. He added that there were no witnesses who heard or saw anything suspicious around the time of the theft.

Philosophy Instructor Edward Haven said he was surprised about the theft since it occurred in broad daylight and he was unaware of the incident.

“The surprising thing was I’m only three doors down and I didn’t hear a thing,” said Haven.

Norris explained that he did not plan to initially bring his laptops to work with him the day of the theft in hopes to keep his belongings protected.

“I was completely shocked because I could never imagined for this to happen,” said Norris adding that his students were very helpful in trying to find the devices stolen by using the “Find My Mac” that comes with Apple products but finding out the protection was disabled after it was stolen.

According to Wehrmeister, Police Services will continue reaching out to students, faculty and staff regarding campus security and more information will be released as the investigation progresses.