OPM hosts resume webinars

Hillary Hetrick, Campus Editor

The United States Office of Personnel Management will be offering webinars to help people learn the ropes of writing a job resume fit to score a job for the federal government. The next webinars are to be held Wednesday, April 29, Tuesday, May 12 and Wednesday, May 27. 

According to the events description, resumes that are prepared for federal jobs differ from typical jobs. Preparing a resume for a federal job, “requires an understanding of the nuances of federal hiring.” 

To learn how to be considered for a federal job, the OPM has invited those interested to join one of their webinars.

By attending a webinar, representatives hope people looking to apply for a federal Job will “gain critical tips and guidelines for improving [their] resume and learn how to use the USAJOBS Resume Builder to create a new resume,” as mentioned in the description on eventbrite.com.

The webinars are free, but reservations must be made by visiting https://www.eventbrite.com

After navigating to this link, there will be a green button that says ‘Register.’  Those needing closed captioning must submit their request to the event coordinator at  [email protected] no later than 6 days prior to their desired webinar date.